Dear Friends and Ministry Partners,
As I write this Global Report here from my home in Airdrie, Alberta Canada, it is starting to feel like Spring! Winter is often very hard! After a long cold winter, (that may not be over yet), the thoughts of spring bring hope of a brighter warmer time filled with outdoor adventures and happy times with family and friends. The feeling of Spring is in the air!
Our world has also gone through a long and often very hard time for 2 years. Like winter, it may not be over yet, but hope of a brighter time is in the air!
In Ecclesiastes 3:1-14 King Solomon wrote the following:
“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: 2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, 3 a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, 6 a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, 7 a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, 8 a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. 9 What do workers gain from their toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. 13 That each of them may eat and drink and find satisfaction in all their toil – this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure for ever; nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear (respect) him.”
Many countries of the world are still under restrictions that create hardships for those who depend on their daily meager income to survive. Thanks to several anonymous and special gifts totalling over $3,500.00 our partners were able to distribute food and other necessities to needy rural villages in India and Africa. Praise God for His provision!
In other places wars are devastating lives. Our hearts break over the loss of so many lives, and the destruction of many families. All over the world as it is in Africa, we see both closures and openness, but the need for the gospel remains the same everywhere. Now is the time to go into countries where we can share the love of God.
I share the following projects with you for your prayers and to give you a great opportunity to participate with us in changing lives!
Dr. Simeon Oyugi our Africa Director is sending Bishop Michael Odhiambo Opiyo the DCI Regional Director in East Africa to conduct Dynamic Churches International Training Workshops in 4 countries.
He sends the following report:
“Bishop Michael will leave Kenya by bus. In each country he will be training trainers in two centres or towns. By the time he is finished, he will have trained DCI Trainers in 8 different communities.
He starts with Kigali in Rwanda and from there he goes to Goma and Bukavu in the D.R. Congo. To get from one to the other you must cross a lake that divides them. He then goes on to Bunjumbura in Burundi. There is a stand-off between Rwanda and Burundi, so their boarders are closed, So, after Bunjumbura in Burundi he returns to Goma, then to Bukavu, and then back to Kigali in Rwanda. The final 2 cities are Dar es Salem and Mwanza in Tanzania. Then he returns home in Kenya.
NOTE: Some training materials will be left with the Trainers in these countries for further DCI Training Workshops and the establishment of Discovery Groups. Sending materials by mail is very costly and that is why Bishop Michael will carry them with him on the bus.”
An Opportunity for you to Change Many Lives for Eternity:
To provide the training materials, and travel expenses, for Bishop Michael to conduct these DCI Training Workshops and establish disciple-making Churches in 8 communities in 4 countries we need your help with the following!
Details of the costs that need to be met:
• Printing of 4,000 Discipleship and training Books plus Certificates = $7,000.
(About half of the books will be used for this trip. It is aways much cheaper per book to print in larger volume.) The rest of the books will be used for upcoming Workshops in other countries.
• 4 PVR Tests as he passes through 4 countries = $350.
• Travel by bus to 4 countries = $620.
• 3 months House rent for Simeon’s family = $2,400.
• 3 months DCI Office rent = $600.
• Total amount needed to equip many pastors to develop disciple-making Churches sending their people to their community to share the gospel. = $10,970.
Would you please Pray for this strategic trip?
• Pray and thank God for Bishop Michael, for his availability to serve Pastors and church leaders from many different denominations in Rwanda, D.R. Congo, Burundi and Tanzania.
• Pray for his safe travel.
• Pray that the Pastors and leaders will have receptive hearts to his teaching in the equipping workshop.
• Pray that those who get equipped will begin Discovery Groups and equip other churches and establish many Disciple-Making Churches in these 8 communities in 4 countries.
• Pray that God will supply these much-needed funds for the printing and travel expense and that your heart would be open to God if He prompts you to give. Any amount is greatly appreciated.
Many ways to give:
• Your tax-deductible donations can be mailed to the addresses below.
• You can sign up for pre-authorized payments (PAP) from your bank account (ask us for the form).
• You can set up Dynamic Churches Int’l as a payee for e-transfers via online banking to email@example.com
• You can donate online via credit card in Canada through Canada Helps:
• or in the US through Network for Good:
Thank you for your gifts and prayers and God bless you all!
Your brother and sister in Christ,
Al and Mary
Dynamic Churches International
164 Stonegate Close Airdrie, AB T4B 2V2
Canada : Phone/Fax (403) 912-4438
USA: PO Box 3431, Vista, CA 92085-3431
PDF letter with photos: